Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday


Florida Hospital Celebration Health

Monday April 26 was my RNY Bypass Surgery.  The day is a complete blurrrr to me.  My husband tells me that the Surgery took about 2 hrs and Dr. Kim said I did very well.  I remember being in my hospital room asking for Tommy and my dad.  Shortly after asking they arrived with my friend Barbara, who I was very pleasantly surprised to see.  They stayed for a while, but I was so groggy I don't remember what was said.  Monday night I had a terrible night sleeping.  At 4 am Tuesday the nurse helped me move to the recliner and I was so much more comfortable there. I was experiencing so much left shoulder pain.  It was at time totally unbearable. Sandra, Dr. Kims nurse, warned us about this during our pre-op visit.  The pain was caused by the drain in my stomach.  The drain was pushing up against a nerve that radiate up to my left shoulder.  The drainage looked good so they decided to remove the drain.   All I have to say is OH MY GOD!  but the pain in my shoulder disappeared immediately. Tuesday morning they took me for an upper GI to make sure there were no leaks.  I had no leaks so it was time for me to start my clear liquid diet.  I was able to drink Crystal lite drinks, water, chicken broth, and sugarfree popcicles, plus I was still getting IV fluids.  And the Dr. wanted me to walk walk walk as much as I could.  So I did.  

I was going to get discharged on Tuesday cause I was doing so well, but then I started to get a little nauseous, which may have been from the pain, so they gave me some pain and nausea meds and decided the keep me till Wednesday.  I am so glad they did.  I felt so much better when I got up Wednesday.  
Sandra gathered all the bariatric patients and took us all to an exercise class.  It was a class to teach us how to prevent blood clots.  And again it was stressed to us walk, walk, walk, it helps relieve a multitude of problems, gas, bloating, blood clots, nausea, and help with the lungs.  Then shortly after I was released to go home.  

1 comment:

  1. Members in the MD247 telemedicine program also have the good fortune of NEVER needing to worry that someone who is not qualified will handle their call. MD247 ONLY ever with board certified doctors and registered nurses nationwide.
    ask a doctor

    ReplyDelete