Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday 4/29/2010

Well today I can start pureed foods.  So not looking forward to it.  Tried to make an egg for breakfast but couldn't get it the right consistency so had a shake instead.  For those of you who know me well, I have Type II diabetes.  In the hospital it was a little high so I was given a shot of insciline every day.  Dr. Kim told me to monitor my diabetes and if my sugar went over 150 to talk a pill.  Today I took my blood sugar and it was 90.  I haven't seen that number in years.  What a great feeling.  I also got on the scale and weighed 5 lbs more than I did before having the surgery.  UGH!  Was not a happy camper.  But I am still puffy from the surgery.  Tommy and I went for a walk around the block.  I took a walk to the mail box and watered all my flowers.  So I was on my feet for a little while.  I am doing ok with the liquid intake, 80+ oz daily, the protein is going to be a challenge.  I had 2 shakes and an egg today which ='s to about 50 grams of protein.  My goal is 63-77 grams.  Gonna try some pureed chicken for dinner, I will see how that goes, and will have another shake and maybe some yogurt. That should bring my totals up for today.  It is 5:30 pm now and I am extremely tired and sore.  The incision in my belly button is oozzing quite a bit, so I have to keep that on covered.  But all in all I am doing ok.  NO Regrets whatsoever!  When I am feeling better I will try to make this blog a little more exciting.  I know it's boring right now.  Take care every!  Stephanie
OH almost forgot Here are my before pictures.  We took them today!
Start Weight  =  242
Surgery Weight = 221

2 comments:

  1. I come over from Chalk it up and would like to congratulate you. I used to wlak with Cindy @ Creatively fit, yet after surgery I am sightly handicapped in rather "snail"-ing ;-))
    Yet I am starting to walk again at the begin of June and maybe you like to join as you do like taking pics! I love Florida, having an American partner(Tampa) which I will see only in November again.So I love to see all pics of Florida and more. For that you would follow me on my journey to Santiago, walking the way of St James, an old pilgrims way in Europe. 1300miles - so now you know more then Cindy!
    You have been very courageous to undergo this surgery and I wish you well on your jweight loss journey! I feel bad already having 10lb to much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, I was posting on Creatively Fit for a while then I stopped walking. I am going to start taking my camera again with my during my walks. I do remember you having surgery, I so enjoyed looking at all your pictures. Thank you for looking at my blog, I hope you will be following me as I will you.

    Take care,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete