Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Friday, April 30, 2010

It's FRIDAY

I woke up today almost pain free.  I feel real good with the exception of a sore throat. I am hoping it is from the breathing tube and I am not getting sick.   This morning I decided to have a protein shake for breakfast and try to get in a lot of liquids.  Which I was able to do.  Tommy and I went shopping to Home Depot, Pet Smart and Walmart.  I started to get tired in Walmart, but I was trying to find some foods I can eat on this pureed food diet.  I found a few things, and I will post them if they are any good.  Reading labels can be exhausting.  When I got home my dad was here for a visit.  He was worried about me.  He said I looked good.  The rest of the afternoon was pretty routine, laundry, vacuuming, and sipping my liquids.  Nicholas, my 16 year old, came home with a sore throat, so now I wonder if I am getting sick.  I haven't had a sore throat in 6+ years and I thought hospitals were supposed to make you better.  Guess not!

I am finding sugar free ice pops are an important food to keep in the house.  No only do they feel real good on my sore throat, but they are a help to your liquid intake and you feel like you are having a treat.  I buy 2 boxes at a time.  The rest of the family likes them too.  Well, except for Douglas, he says they are too cold!

I have decided not to weigh myself everyday.  I am going to try a weekly weigh in.  My 2 week Dr. visit is on May 12 (my brother Chris' birthday).  So I think I will do a Wednesday weekly weight.  I will see if that works for me.  Well that is all for today.  Gonna hit the hay, Douglas has baseball tomorrow and Nicholas and Tommy will be putting down sod a good part of the day.  Yes we are sodding our lawn again this year.  It seems like we do it every year.  Gotta love the Florida heat and bugs, they do a number on the lawn!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your are making progress!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy,

    I am doing really well. I took a 30 minute walk, and drove Douglas to baseball this afternoon. My incisions are starting to itch real bad, so I guess that's a good thing. I feel good, except for this sore throat, but it seems a little better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me what you found on the pureed diet and what is good. This is still the only part I'm most fearful of.

    Thanks.

    Ric

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Stephanie,

    Your blog inspired me st start my own blog:

    http://ricgatorsrny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete