Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Monday, May 3, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday was an all around great day for me.  I woke up feeling great and went for a 30 minute walk.  I came home, showered and got ready to take Douglas to baseball.  Douglas has a caregiver, Pam, who comes every other weekend to help out.  Pam is a wonderful person and has become such a great friend to me.  I feel so comfortable with her, the whole family does.  This was one of Pam's weekends so she was a great help with Douglas.  After baseball we came home and had dinner (God Bless my wonderful husband) he has been a huge help to me with everything around the house.  He was in the process of making hamburgers on the grill.  We discovered a yummy way to make burgers.  We cook bacon until crisp, crumble it up and mix it in with the chop meat.  We also add some shredded cheese in the mix too.  Comes out so delicious on the grill.  I measured out my 1 1/2 oz and threw it in the food processor, and VOILA burger puree!  It was a little dry, so I dipped small amounts in some Chipotle Mayo and dinner was served.  It was very good and I was full after my 1 1/2 oz.  I was able to get in all my liquids and (oops!) went over a little on my protein.

Sunday is another story.  I woke up feeling real good then I took a sip of Crystal Lite Raspberry Ice Tea.  Well, that sent my belly into a tizzy!  I was nauseous the entire day.  Nothing seemed to calm it.  I was also very gassy.  I wasn't able to eat much at all during the day.  I had a scrambled egg for lunch and Tommy made these delicious Turkey enchiladas for dinner.  I measured out 1 1/2 oz of the meat and gave it a whiz in the food processor.  I still wasn't feeling so hot, but I knew I had to eat.  It was so good (even though my taste isn't 100% yet).  I was full after only eating half.  I knew at this point that I was not going to get in all my protein, so I needed to add a supplement.  After I put Douglas to bed I made a protein shake with skim milk, plain Greek yogurt and added chocolate protein powder.  The protein shake equaled 39 grams of protein.  I sipped it slowly and soon my stomach started to settle down.  What a relief.  I am thinking the Greek yogurt had something to do with it.  Shortly after I went to bed :0) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to need help with pureed food, and it seems like you are find out some really good ways to make this work for you. Should I buy a food processor or will my blender do just fine?

    I love Greek yogurt, but the sugar is to high, so I guess you from some sugar free Greek yogurt?

    ReplyDelete