Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Friday, May 21, 2010

Another week has flown by

Hi Everyone I know it has been over a week since my last post, and I apologize.  I am still trying to get used to blogging. 

Weight loss has been real slow this week.  I have only lost 3 lbs in 10 days.  It kind of makes me upset, I think I really thought that the weight would be falling off me by now.  I did run into an issue though.  For those of you who plan to have this surgery, just try to remember to take your fiber supplements.  I had stopped taking mine, not thinking I really needed it.  Well I really did NEED it.  I had a few days of misery, feeling bloated and uncomfortable.  I started taking the fiber again, and my plumbing is back to normal.  :0)  I am still having problems with the potassium 'horse pill'.  I am now dissolving it in a medicine cup full of iced tea and drink like I am doing a shot. Still tastes like crap, but I can get it down.  I think I am starting to feel hunger again.  Not a growling stomach, more like a pain in my belly area.  Before surgery, when I was hungry or my sugar was low I would break out in a sweat and feel out of sorts, like I was losing my mind.  Now just some pain, and once I eat the pain goes away.  My diabetes is totally under control so I don't get the low sugar anymore, stay pretty steady through out the day. 

I am not sure if chicken agrees with me.  I had it two nights in a row and got this strange feeling in my chest and throat.  I know the pain in the chest could be from being full, but the pain in the throat was very weird.  I haven't eaten chicken since, and feel fine.  I really do enjoy chicken though.  I hope it is just temporary.  I am also limited to what I can drink right now.  I can only drink brewed decaf Iced tea, milk, or water.  Everything else is upsetting my pouch.  I do really good with shrimp, ham, cheese, meatloaf, burgers, any vegetable or fruit and yogurt.  Cantaloupe is a real good fruit for me right now...soft and juicy.  I am really starting to like Greek Yogurt.  I have to eat the plain one, but there are many things that can be added to it to make it taste really good, and it is packed with protein 15 grams per 6 oz. 
Here are a few add ins if you would like to try it:
  • sugar free applesauce, cinnamon, splenda  
  • sugar free applebutter
  • canned pumpkin, splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg
  • sugar free jam
I found this wonderful blog called:  theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com   she has tons of recipes on her blog.  I find it very interesting reading about her weight loss journey. 

 I tried to have a cup of decaf coffee the other day, not what I was hoping for.  I didn't really like it.  Once I hit my 1 month mark, which will be Monday, I can start to have coffee again. So I will try it again.  I haven't had any caffeine since 2 weeks before my surgery, and I don't miss it.  I feel really good and have tons of energy.  I think I will try to stay away from caffeine as long as I can.  I don't think I NEED it anymore. 

This past Monday I went to see my primary care, Dr. Rodgers, who was a little apprehensive about me having the Gastric Bypass.  Well needless to say, he was pleasantly surprised when he saw me.  Not so much about the weight loss, but the fact that I no longer take 3 medicines that he prescribed.  He was thrilled, saying to me that this was our goal for having the surgery in the first place.  He also decreased my Lipitor and may have me stop taking it after my next visit in 3 months.  He actually smiled at me, instead of looking so concerned for my health.  

On Wednesday I went to see Bill, the Metabolic Psysicist, he had me stand on a machine that sent small shock waves through out my body then I had to breathe into a machine for 10 minutes.  All this checked to see if I am headed in the right direction with my weight loss.  What I mean by the right direction is not only am I losing weight, but the weight I am losing is fat not muscle.  Bill was very pleased too.  My next visit with him he will talk to me about strength training.  I have actually started some strength training on my own.  Not much, but it's a start.  During my walks in the morning I have incorporated 2 lbs hand weights and increased my pace a bit.   

Well that's all for now, I promise not to wait so long for my next post.

Love Ya,

Steph

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well.

    I hope the chicken thing is just a short term thing. That'd be horrible if you can't eat chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daily habits may affect your metabolism hence increases weigth,but its difficult to maintain diet plan for
    weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Audrey, I am going to try again tomorrow. My husband is going to make some wings. I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stephanie - Your blog game up on a google alert because I have been listening for new web content re: people who are having trouble taking their potassium "horse pills." I work for a company that makes an effervescent, unflavored potassium supplement that you can dissolve in any beverage of choice. It is a prescription drug - so you would have to get samples via your physician. (And it's a very inexpensive product too) You can get more information on our web site: http://www.efferk.com. I'm not a spammer - just trying to get the word out to people who could really benefit from our product. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia,

    My Dr. did give me a sample of Effer-k and I forgot I had them till I read your comment. I am going to try them tomorrow morning and see how I do. If I do ok, I will have them call in a prescription for me.

    Thank you for reminding me.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete