Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Sunday, May 23, 2010

No More Plus Size Clothes

Last week Douglas was receiving an academic award for having a 4.0 average through out the school year at school and he was adamant about wearing a purple shirt to the awards.  Of course he didn't have anything purple in his closet, so I needed to go shopping.  I went to Marshalls and found a purple shirt immediately, it was still early in the day so I decided to go to KMart, just to look around.  KMart always has clearance racks so that is where I immediately migrate to.  What a great feeling not to have to look in the plus size section.  I found a cute XL shirt in the misses department, marked down of course, so I bought it.  I tried it on when I got home, to find out that it was a little big, not huge, but a little big.  I was so happy for myself.  What a great feeling.  I think I may be going thru my closet sooner than I thought.  I have a lot of 2X clothes that just hang on me now. Watch out GoodWill.

I now wish that I had saved some more of my Mom's clothes.  She was a lot smaller than me, but I may one day fit into them.  I did take a few of her shirts, and guess what, they fit me now.  Mom would be so proud of me.  I sure do miss her, but I know she is guiding me through my new journey.  

Tonight I am going to try to have Chicken again.  Keep your fingers crossed that I am able to eat it.  I do love chicken.

Tomorrow is 4 weeks since surgery.  I will try to take some pictures this week.  Have a great day!

Love 

Steph

2 comments:

  1. :::fingers crossed:: I'm having chicken too!

    I'm glad you found that you fit into a smaller size. I work at Old Navy (usually in the fitting room) and I see women every time I work get frustrated in trying on clothing. But I love when I'm there because a customer has reached a weight loss goal and fits into the next smaller size. It's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete