Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday - 1 week Post Op














The photo's above are of the Handbook I received at my Pre-op appointment.  I can't even begin to tell you how precise and step by step this handbook is.  It explains how and when to do everything you need to succeed in your Weight Loss Journey.

For those of you who know me well, I love to take lots of pictures.  So I will be posting photos frequently on my blog.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them.  I will try to keep them relevant to my blog, but I may sneak in a few that aren't here and there.

Flowers and Bamboo Panda wishing me well

When I got home from the hospital last week my neighbor, Gladys, brought over a bouquet of flowers and Pam brought me the Bamboo Panda and the card.  It was so thoughtful of them.  I have a great support group, which is very important during this time in my life.  My family and friends have been wonderful.  Calling, sending me texts and messages just to check on me or see if I need anything.  My mother in law has been a huge help with shopping, in the kitchen and just moral support.    Thank you everyone!  I love each and every one of you.  

Today I woke up with a new attitude!  I am not going to wallow in self pity just because of a little nausea.  I am going to just work through it and make the most of every day!  I made the decision to have this surgery, it is up to me to make it work.   So while making breakfast for Douglas this morning, I mixed a container of Crystal Lite, took a sip and just like that the nausea started.  UGH!  But I needed to get Douglas ready for school, so I tried to ignore it.  After I got Douglas on the bus, I grabbed my Ipod and the container of Crystal Lite and went for a walk.  I walked for about 30 minutes around the neighborhood, not even realizing that my nausea had gone away.  Today was a real good day for me.  I kept busy with catching up on paperwork, dusting and chatting with my sister-in-law Nicole from NY.  

I actually have to remind myself to eat.  I am not hungry at all.  I am still having trouble with the liquid vitamins.  They make me gag.  Douglas was so cute this evening while I was trying to swallow them.  I have to take an ounce, so I sip half and try to swallow it.  Douglas looks in the cup and sees that I still had more to take.  So he handed me a cup of water and told me "just drink it Mom and then drink the water fast".  He doesn't realize that I can't drink anything "fast" anymore.  I have to sip sip sip everything.  The look on his face while I am gagging and quivering trying to get these vitamins down is priceless!  I just ordered new vitamins from the Celebrate Vitamins web site.  It is a powder that you mix with water and I hear it is very good.  I got cherry flavor.   Has to be better than what I am taking now.  And by the way, if you go to the Celebrate Vitamins web site, you can request free samples to try before you buy.  I also ordered chewable vitamins for weeks 2-4 post op.  Celebrate Vitamins Here is their link, check them out.  

Tomorrow I may start off with a warm drink.  I MISS MY COFFEE!!!!! Have to drink decaf tea for now.  

Thanks for reading, register to follow me, and post a comment....Would love to hear what you think!

Stephanie

9 comments:

  1. It's me again Steph:) I know how important it is to have readers and comments on your blog. Your blog is looking great and I love reading about your progress. I'm glad you're doing well.
    P.S. Always enjoy your great photos too!:)

    I have your blog linked to Chalk it up, so I will always be able to see when you update. Would you like me to link it to Creatively Fit too? You may want to do a post over there too, to let people know what you've been up to and you can direct them here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured you on my blog:)
    http://chalkaboutit.blogspot.com/2010/05/special-featured-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a lovely blog...your SIL Cindy sent me over...I think it is so courageous of you to share your story with all of us...hoping the nausea goes away soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Cindy, I am starting to walk again, so I may just have to bring my camera with me and post again on Creatively Fit. And Thank you for featuring me on Chalk About It.

    Georgie, Thank you for following me, The nausea has gone away. I have a long journey ahead of me and I could use all the support I can get. Putting it in writing helps me reflect on my progress as well!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I just Googled this, but you can buy this at Publix or Winn Dixie:

    Wyler's Light, Lemonade

    http://mybrands.com/product/Wyler%27s_Light_Lemonade_6_pkts_%28makes_12_qts%29

    My friend who is now about three months post-op says that Crystal Lite always makes her nauseous but this Wyler's Light Lemonade she can't drink enough of. And Arizona Brands that you mix like the Crystal Lite (She said the Green Tea was the best) is very good too without the nausea.

    I hope this helps.

    Plus as you know I'm pre-op, and Crystal Lite makes me nauseous anyway. LOL I'm experimenting with sugar free drinks and the two I mentioned above I can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW/ Can I link your blog to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Ric, A friend of mine told me the same thing about the Wylers, I am going to give it a try. I am drinking Crystal Lite now and it is making me a bit queazy. I am not a big fan of Green Tea.

    As for the link our blogs, this is a question for my Sister in law Cindy. Hey Cindy can you explain to me how to do this. I was trying to figure it out from Creatively Fit, but just couldn't. THX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cindy I figured out how to add the blogs I am following.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I added a link to your blog on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete