Weight Loss Ticker

BEFORE

BEFORE
This is me

Saturday, May 8, 2010

OK having food issues

This morning I went for a 40 minute walk.  It is very very hot here in Florida.  Thank goodness one of my neighbors had his sprinklers on.  How refreshing it was to walk through them.  And don't you know as I am wet from the sprinklers, sweaty, hair is a mess, I could look any worse, there were some "hottie" construction men digging in my neighborhood.  One said hi to me, I just waved and put my head down.  Glad he didn't get a whiff of me.  

I got home, got Douglas out of bed and had a scrambled egg with cheese for breakfast.  It was very tasty.  I am, however, having some food issues.  I am not hungry, but I still want to eat, especially dinner.  It is real hard to make a full dinner for my family and not be able to eat it.  Right now I am on pureed foods and can only have moist, soft meats.  Plus, only 1 1/2 oz of pureed chicken fills me up.  Don't get me wrong, my diabetes and high blood pressure are gone, and I am losing weight which is wonderful, but I still miss food.  Food was such a big part of my life before my surgery, so I am experiencing a void.  I am trying to fill the void with other things to do, like knitting, reading, walking, and getting out of the house, but it is still hard.   Food just surrounds us.  

Today I ordered a new flavor of protein mix.  I am getting sick of the milk based ones, so I went to the Bariatric Eating web site and ordered Inspire-Summer Melon.  It has 30 grams of protein per drink and only 1 carb.  It is supposed to be light almost clear and you mix it with water.  I hope it tastes good.  I need a change!

Saturday's are busy for us.  Douglas has Freedom Ride horseback riding and Buddy Ball baseball today. Then a quick stop at Publix and home for dinner.  Tonight should be tough!  The family is having steak, my favorite.  I guess I just have to deal with it.  

I hope all my MOM friends have a wonder Mother's Day tomorrow.  This is my 2nd Mother's Day without my Mom.  I miss her so much.  Especially with what I am going through now.  She was a "take no crap" person and she would kick my butt.  Telling me to stop feeling sorry for my self!  Dad's coming over for dinner, I think I will make Chicken Cutlets, one of his favorites.  

Love you all,

Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. Just like when I quit smoking back in 1999, I n eeded something to fill the void. Sad to say I never found that something, but three weeks later it did not matter for I overcame the "need" to fill that void. I hope the same applies here.

    ReplyDelete